Free Website Development Software (Part 7)
„WordPress“ is the world’s most popular and easy-to-use program for creating websites, blogs, and e-shops. WordPress is also called CMS (Content Management System).
More than 60 million websites and e-shops have already been created. stores using WordPress. While some critics say WordPress is best for blogging, advanced users can create a full-fledged website in just a few hours. Design selection and content hosting will take the longest. The WordPress platform is a really great way to create a website that you can personalize to your needs.
Advantages – there are hundreds or maybe thousands of them:
- Ease of management and speed of creation.
- The system is a free (open-source) platform and its code can be edited.
- You can create a professional-looking website of any type on your own. For example: an website or online store for renting items, a training course, a social network, forums, a membership website, an ad website, a product catalog, a company style / brand digital book (brandbook), etc.
- Once you create a website, you retain ownership of it, whether you change your hosting provider or take any other action. The same is not true of other free website development platforms like Wix, Weebly, and more.
- More than 64,000 free WordPress plugins to help you have the functionality you want.
- Can be used to create a multilingual website (WP translated into more than 68 languages).
- More than 11,000 different free WordPress.org (e.g. OceanWP, Hestia, etc.) and paid design templates on ThemeForest.net.
- Most designs are suitable for mobile phone and tablets.
- For custom design, website visual content is easy to edit using advanced design tools like Elementor, Divi or Beaver Builder.
- Perfectly meets SEO requirements.
- CMS most compliant with GDPR requirements.
- It is very easy to find a programmer or company to help create, modify a website or help only with that real integration of functionalities.
- Lots of material online (articles, videos, forum posts) on how to use.
- System and plugins needs to be updated frequently, and the site needs to be backed up and stored often enough.
- It will take a lot of time to learn how WordPress works and how to manage it, as well as time to search for design templates and plugins. Although learning to use the content management system WordPress is not difficult for most people.
- Creating a more sophisticated website may require programming knowledge.
Some interesting facts about WordPress:
- Every third website created in the world uses WordPress.
- It is the most popular website management system, occupying 76.4% of this market.
- It’s a free, open source program that works on your server, where you can easily make most changes by logging in to the admin panel on your mobile phone or computer.
- WordPress uses MySQL-type database servers to store website content and settings, and WEB servers to deliver website pages to visitors.
- WordPress has been translated into more than 68 languages, including Lithuanian, Polish, Latvian and other neighbors.
- Has over 64,000 different free plugins (from galleries to e-commerce).