Free Website Development Software (Part 1)
Today, more and more great solutions are emerging in the market to create a website on your own without incurring high costs, so creating a website can be a fun experience.
In this series of articles, we decided to save you a lot of time and give you a brief overview of the most popular free development platforms for websites.
The main challenge for beginners can be finding the right website development platform. Many website developers offer free plans to build their website, and often all you need is a computer, the Internet, and a web browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Of course, you will definitely need to invest your time and you will definitely need a little patience.
Free plans on website development platforms are subject to certain restrictions that can make your site look unprofessional, such as strange domain names, intrusive brand advertising for your chosen platform, limited tools, and relatively little storage space.
As you can see, most providers will give you a subdomain, such as yourname.servername.com. A free subdomain may be appropriate for a personal website, but we do not recommend using a URL with a subdomain for professional, commercial websites, as this may look unprofessional and may make it difficult for your client to remember such a long name.
However, free web development programs have many pluses as well. Key benefits:
- Ease of use: easy to use and no special skills required.
- Design part: no need to waste time designing a website, just select the desired template.
- Templates: offers many options and gives complete independence in the implementation of the project.
- Setup Wizards: Helps you through the development process.
- Media files: upload easily and quickly.
- The website is easily adaptable to mobile applications: the update takes place at the same time as the main website is created / adjusted.
- Mobile Editing Tools: Allows you to enhance your new website from your mobile phone.
- All data is stored on the server of the platform in use. Some platforms allow the site to be moved to another server.
- Tools: SEO, marketing, e-commerce, etc.
- Integrated analysis: usually allows to monitor the demographics of visitors, their interests, etc.
Before you start creating a website, we recommend to do your homework and first answer yourself, what are your goals and what do you want to achieve? What features do you need? Don’t forget to review what your competitors have to offer. Also, when choosing a website development platform, consider whether the platform you choose will meet your growth needs, whether you will be able to add additional functionality, or whether content editing, enhancements, and upgrades will be available.
Before implementing an idea, we always offer our clients to answer the main questions that we have formulated and submitted in the QUESTIONNAIRE. See, maybe something will work for you.
Another very important thing: search engine optimization of the website. To ensure SEO customization, you should look for the following features in your development platform: title tags, meta descriptions and alternative image attribute editing, automated XML and HTML sitemaps, searchable URLs, keyword density tools, and conversion tools.
The loading speed of your site is also important. After all, you don’t want to lose traffic just because your site takes a long time to load.
Twenty-four hours of technical support is vital if you’re building a website yourself and you need help when you get stuck, even if it’s night time.
The 7 steps you need to take to create a website in your chosen website development program are as follows:
- Sign up and get a free account.
- Select the desired website design from the provided templates.
- Add the pages you want to your site.
- Place content information (text, images, videos, etc.) on the page.
- Often optional: Arrange your SEO settings.
- Pay for website hosting (if needed).
- Publish your website.
The free web development programs we have decided to review and present to you in detail in other articles:
- „Google My Business“
- „Google Site“