Free Website Development Software (Part 8, generalization)
- After reviewing free website builders (WordPress, Mozello, Weebly, Wix, Google My Business (GMB) and Google Sites), we can say that free website builders are perfect for those who want a ready-made platform , which can be shared with your contacts and social media followers. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you try at least a few of the above-listed website development programs for yourself.
- When choosing a free program, you will have to invest time in creating a website, you will not usually have ownership rights to the website, and if you want additional features, it may happen that the money invested for additions will be more than the cost of creating a paid website. Therefore, before you build your own with free tools, check out other market offers.
- As you can see from the review, free plans have less storage space, often slower load times, and fewer SEO and marketing tools compared to paid plans and apps. So back to where we started, if you do your homework before building a website and answer yourself what your goals are, what you want to achieve, what features you need, etc. for example, you immediately know that you will need a lot of storage space (large resolution for images, videos, etc.), email marketing tools, additional customer support, you might want to have a lot of web pages, in which case free website builders are unlikely to help you.
- Many free website platforms offer a so-called design layout tool (you can design your website based on a ready-made template design, filling the content with your own material), with the help of which changes to the website design are displayed and, we emphasize that additional website design modification work or unique design customization and programming work can cost considerable sums of money, if it is even possible to integrate it into projects of this kind.
- The free subdomain you get with most free web development programs might be more suitable for a personal website, but professional or commercial websites using subdomains would just look unprofessional. It will also be difficult for your customers to remember such a long name. Therefore, we recommend that those who have the opportunity allocate funds to create an individual Internet project with the help of a programmer and, if necessary, a designer. Don’t forget that a professional solution can always reduce the bounce rate of customers after visiting your website and increase the results you expect from your website or online store.
- If you were to ask us which free website development platform is still the best, we think WordPress reigns supreme and trumps other platforms in terms of features, ease of use, flexibility and price. WordPress is a great choice for both startups and businesses. Many big Lithuanian brands and global market representatives such as Techno Crunch, New Yorker, BBC America, Sony Music, MTV News, etc. use WordPress specifically.